Randal L. Schwartz wrote:
"Jason" == Jason Corbett <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> writes:

Jason> I consider myself to be relatively human, and assume that others who Jason> answer questions here do, too. ;-) IMO, saying "thanks" is good Jason> manners here just like in the rest of the world.
--^^^^^

Actually, It was me who said it, but Jason's poorly composed response message made both you and Rod to believe otherwise.

I *do* mind when people answer questions they aren't quite qualified
to answer,

Let me emphasize that my comment was not intended to encourage people to do that. An incorrect answer that gives the impression of being authoritative is a nuisance. Nevertheless, I believe it may be beneficial if a discussion list consists also of other kinds of posts besides the original question and The Right Answer. ;-)

--
Gunnar Hjalmarsson