http://learn.perl.org/library/beginning_perl/

I have been taking the pdf's down and working my way through the book. What I do not like are the large number of mistakes, typos the sometimes make it difficult. Moreover, this is an old book circa 2000 with a new copy just now appearing. Personally I like the author's approach much better than what I found in Learning Perl, since I get much more insight from his remarks than the footnoted jokes found in the O'Reilly perl books. Another big problem is the errata section is gone! The new publication is from either a new publisher or a sub division of WROX and that page(s) and associated links have been removed from the site.

OK, my problem is that the attempt to connect using 127.0.0.1 gets a message something like connection refused by the server.

Is there some location in the httpd.conf file to list an acceptable client?

Thanks for the explanation - at this point everything helps even when I do not immediately understand everything in the response.

Herschel