Hi all.
I am having issues with extracting the Japanese data from a sql server with
a cgi-perl script , I have a sql 2000 server which does handel japanese
characters, the silly part is that i have iis5.something based on win 2k
english, but i could use asp to extract the japanese characterset by setting
the session. codepage property to 932(japanese character set).
The perl script in hand uses odbc to make the connection to the database and
reterieve /save the data to the database. But whenever we insert japanese
data it gets distorted. Or when i want to extract the japanese data, it
comes out distorted....

does anyone have any clues about it.

best ,
Sidd