On Thu, 26 Aug 2004, Etienne Ledoux wrote:

Here is the output I'm trying to '|more'

       while (@ref = $sth->fetchrow_array()) {
              print "Username: $ref[0], Password: $ref[1]\n";
       }

I tried putting |more at various positions where I thought it might work. But it doesn't work as expected.

THe "use |more" suggestion was intended for the command line.

If you want to page output from a database query, Class::DBI::Pager might be useful -- but that implies needing Class::DBI.

    <http://search.cpan.org/~miyagawa/Class-DBI-Pager-0.05/lib/Class/DBI/Pager.pm>

You may also want to consider Data::Page and IO::Pager:

    <http://search.cpan.org/~lbrocard/Data-Page-1.03/lib/Data/Page.pm>
    <http://search.cpan.org/~jpierce/IO-Pager-0.05/lib/IO/Pager.pm>

All of these can emulate the behavior of the `more` command.

-- Chris Devers [EMAIL PROTECTED] http://devers.homeip.net:8080/blog/

np: 'Nostalgie'
     by Cirque Du Soleil
     from 'O'