Hi, everybody!

I have to work with FireBird database, for a project of mine.

I grabbed from CPAN a DBD-InterBase (version 0.43) to work with, and
installed it on Windows. It works perfectly.

I also installed it on Red Hat 9 at my work place and it works very well.
The problems started when I tried to install DBD-Interbase on Fedora, at my
client's place.

I get the same error no matter what version of DBD-Interbase I use.

When I type "make" I get the following error:

"Error: Cannot parse function definition from 'strEQ(item, #name)) { \' in
Interbase.xs, line 478 ' in Interbase.xs, line 487n definition from'
keyname = #name;
make: *** [InterBase.c] Error 1"

Can anyone tell me where is the problem or what does this error message
mean?

Or what can I do, to make it work?

Any help is highly appreciated.
Cristi Ocolisan.