On Fri, 3 Sep 2004, Cristi Ocolisan wrote:

When I type "make" I get the following error:

"Error: Cannot parse function definition from 'strEQ(item, #name)) { \' in
Interbase.xs, line 478 ' in Interbase.xs, line 487n definition from'
keyname = #name;
make: *** [InterBase.c] Error 1"

Can anyone tell me where is the problem or what does this error message mean?

This sounds like a possible problem with the module itself, but I don't know anything about Interbase, so I'm not sure where to start.

You may have better luck by trying either the DBI list, or if you get no help there, contact the module authors directly.

Information on the DBI users list is available here:

    <http://lists.perl.org/showlist.cgi?name=dbi-users>
    <http://www.mail-archive.com/[EMAIL PROTECTED]/>

According to CPAN.org, DBD::Interbase was written by Edwin Pratomo <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> and Daniel Ritz <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>:

    <http://search.cpan.org/~edpratomo/DBD-InterBase-0.43/InterBase.pm>

It may also be worth contacting these two for suggestions.

Or maybe someone here will speak up, but I think in this case you'll have more luck by going to the module specific list for advice...

-- Chris Devers [EMAIL PROTECTED] http://devers.homeip.net:8080/blog/

np: 'The Greatest Phone Message of All Time'
     by Jonathan Goldstein
     from 'This American Life: Crimebusters and Crossed Wires'