All,

Was hoping for some advise b/c I cannot seem to get this to work.
My problem is that it attaches the path name when I need to actual data
attached.  So my goal is as if it would be

cat test |uuencode test | mailx -s test [EMAIL PROTECTED]

thanks,

my $scratchtps = "/usr/local/log/filename";

code snippet <
        there is a process that may/may not populate this file.

        if ( -s $scratchtps ) {
                                &mailme;
                        }

        sub mailme {
                        my $msg = MIME::Lite->new(
                        From    => 'EDM01 <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>',
                        To      => 'Derek Smith <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>',
                        Subject => "Return EDM Tapes",
                        Type    => 'TEXT',
                        Data     => "$scratchtps",
                        Disposition => 'attachment');