On Thu, 23 Sep 2004 11:23:16 -0500, Errin Larsen <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> Hi perl-people,

<<SNIP>>

> So, my question is, how do I implement this code WITHOUT the parent
> process dieing?
>
> --Errin

I found that (at least on the Solaris OS that I'm working on) that the
setsid function will setup a new session UNLESS:
  "  The calling process is already a process group leader,
           or  the  process group  ID of a process other than the
           calling process matches the process  ID of the calling
           process. "

So, I think that's saying that as long as the process (the child) does
not have any children of it's own, then I'll be ok with the above
code!  Is that what the blurb above is saying?  (Why are UNIX docs
always so darn hard to read!!?)