On Fri,  1 Oct 2004 17:41:50 +0200, Jan Eden <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> Hi,

  Hello!

<<SNIP>>

> How can I pass an option to system's first argument in a setting like this?
>
> (I know I can use a module instead of calling wget, but this is a more general
> issue.)
>
> Thanks,
>
> Jan
> --

This is ironic:

> If all else fails read the instructions. - Donald Knuth

First, check out 'perldoc -f system'  The answer to you question is in
the first paragraph!

Second, try passing EACH argument as a seperate value:
  ((WARNING: I don't have wget, so I couldn't test this!))

system("wget", "-O", "/dev/null", "http://janeden.org/test/file.txt";);

--Errin