On Tue, 26 Oct 2004 19:17:11 +0200, Gunnar Hjalmarsson
<[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> Kevin Old wrote:
> > First, this is a basic problem, but I have looked at it for over an
> > hour and wasted time.  Now, I'm asking for help.
>
> Just an hour, and you think it's already justified to "waste" hundreds
> of other person's time?
>
> I disagree. You need to be a lot more patient if you want to learn
> programming.

Wait a minute there.  I'm not learning programming.  I've been a perl
programmer for 7 years and have written hundreds of more complex
programs than this and have written to thousands of files in my time.
I just needed another pair of eyes to possibly point out what I was
doing wrong.

Also, posting to this list is not wasting hundreds of other people's
time.  It's a discussion list.  If you're looking at my message it
means that you're either seeking to help or seeking help.  Therefore,
you are choosing to devote a few minutes of your time to help or be
helped.

Sorry my post rubbed you the wrong way.

Kevin
--