On Tue, 2 Nov 2004, Ron Smith wrote:

> I'm new and thought that the 'comp.lang.perl.misc' post was entirely
> separate from '[EMAIL PROTECTED]', reaching an entirely different
> audience. I eanestly appologize to everyone on both lists.

It's a separate list, but a lot of the same people read both.

It is generally considered rude to post the same question to multiple
places at the same time. Even if the lists / newsgroups / web sites are
separate, many people keep an eye on some or all of these places, so you
end up effectively pestering the same group of people over and over.

> My bad!! I have spanked my own hand with a digital ruler. I'll do my
> best not to let that occur again.

No worries :-)

--
Chris Devers