Dear Siegfried,

Your test script isn't needed at this point, since we are doing module
installation.

I forgot to mention you need development tools (like nmake) before you
can install GD.  GD is written in C, therefore it needs to be compiled
first.  There is a precompiled version, grab from:

http://www.boutell.com/gd/

However, you still need to install the perl module for GD.  This will
require compiling the perl XS wrappers, which are written in C - thus
still requiring the compiler.  Hope you've got one.

Now, about gdlib-config.  This is included as part of the GD package,
it is a script that passes configuration data to the compiler.  Many
other libraries use a similar script.  You need to include this... but
you have additional problems if it's written in sh.

I would expend my effort on getting GD using PPM.

Jonathan Paton