From: [EMAIL PROTECTED] [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED] On
Behalf Of zentara
Sent: Wednesday, January 12, 2005 6:58 AM
To: beginners@perl.org
Subject: Re: encoding script

On Wed, 12 Jan 2005 08:03:19 +0000, [EMAIL PROTECTED] (Saurabh
Singhvi) wrote:

>HI all,
>
>i want to write a perl script in linux that would get the file names
>in the directory i am running it in and then execute a system command
>for each file.(the encoding line). how should i go about it??
>
>thnx in adv
>Saurabh
>
>PS:- i think i would be using "syscall"  but i am confused about the
>file name changing thing

Here is one way:

#!/usr/bin/perl
use File::Find;

my $path = '.';
finddepth (\&wanted,$path);

sub wanted {
   my $old = $_;
   return unless -f; #-d for dir ops or comment out for both
   system("d2u -U -b -v $_") or warn "$!\n";
   }

__END__

http://zentara.net/japh.html