"Dan Armstrong" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote in message
news:[EMAIL PROTECTED]
> I've been reading this list every day for a week or so, and it's a
> great resource.
>
> I'm trying to use a GET or POST command to click on a link at this
address:

> http://ibihost1.com/nycdoh/web/html/rii.pl
>
> As you can see, the address points to a Perl script. When you click on
> a button on this page, you're taken to another page, but the address -
> rii.pl - stays the same. View source provides no help.
>
> I'm wondering how I can use a Perl script to get past this page and
> subsequent ones.

When I click on that page I get redirected to
http://www.nyc.gov/html/doh/html/rii/index.html

[EMAIL PROTECTED] trwww]$ perl -MWWW::Mechanize::Shell -e 'shell'
>get http://ibihost1.com/nycdoh/web/html/rii.pl
Retrieving http://ibihost1.com/nycdoh/web/html/rii.pl(200)
http://www.nyc.gov/html/doh/html/rii/index.html>forms
No forms on current page.
http://www.nyc.gov/html/doh/html/rii/index.html>

But you will probably have better luck using WWW::Mechanize.

Todd W.