David Garamond wrote:
Peter Scott wrote:

In article <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>,
 [EMAIL PROTECTED] (David Garamond) writes:

Is there an alternative to do this in Perl (without resorting to system "wget ..." or system "curl ...")?

See http://search.cpan.org/src/GAAS/libwww-perl-5.803/README.SSL

I do have all three modules (Crypt::SSLeay, Net::SSLeay, IO::Socket::Perl) installed, but still can't get https:// through an http proxy. LWP::UserAgent would immediately return a response object with code 501. I can access https:// URLs directly (without a proxy) and get http:// URLs using proxy though.

Oh, I get what you're suggesting now. I should use Net::SSLeay directly instead of LWP.

Thanks.

--
dave