> On Tue, 8 Feb 2005, Chris Schults wrote:
>
> > In both cases, our visitors swear that they are linking to these
> > scripts from valid Grist pages. Any ideas why some people are getting
> > the error messages? I've asked for browser and O/S info, but many are
> > using the same setup we are using, which works just fine.
>
> This is really a question for the CGI list, but whatever.
>
> Have you looked in the web server logs? Are you recording referer data?
> If not, you should be, it's useful in cases like this. If you're
> recording it, you should be able to verify or refute the claims.
>
> With that information at hand, you can figure out what step comes next.

I agree with Devers ... users are notorious liars, not through malice
but often ignorance.  There is a population of paranoics out there who
configure their browsers to either not issue referrer at all, or
tomangle it in an effort to obfuscate their activities.

My instinct tells me: If the CGI::referrer() call is not giving you
what you want, then it's unlikely that the browser is correctly
passing in the header.

        Lawrence Statton - [EMAIL PROTECTED] s/aba/c/g
Computer  software  consists of  only  two  components: ones  and
zeros, in roughly equal proportions.   All that is required is to
sort them into the correct order.