Am Montag, 16. Mai 2005 06.03 schrieb Madhur Kashyap:
> Have a look at the code snippet from the perl program I have written

Hello,

> use strict;
> use FileHandle;
> use IPC::Open2;
>
> use vars { ... $topCellName ...};
>
> sub setup {
>     ..
>     $topCellName="crm_com";
> }
>
> sub loadNxfDB {
>    print "$_[0]";
>    my $nxfDBFH=new FileHandle;
>    open ($nxfDBFH,$_[0]) or die "Error: Cannot open cross-reference
> database, $_[0]\n";
>     return %nxfDB
> }
>
> sub updateNetPairsDB {
>     my %nxfDB=&loadnxfDB ("/tmp/$topCellName/LVS/svdb/$topCellName.nxf");
> }
>
> sub main {
>   &updateNetPairsDB ();
> }
>
> &main ();

> The program quits whenever it tries to open the file in &loadNxfDB ()
> subroutine with this error
>
> Package Installation directory
> $BFE_INST_DIR=/mot/madhurk/meth1/dft/bridges/defect_bfault

> Prepairing environment ...
> Creating necessary directory structure ...
> /tmp /crm_com/LVS /svdb/ crm_com.nxf

Where is this coming from? The spaces in the path are here too.

> Error: Cannot open netname cross-reference database, /tmp /crm_com/LVS
> /svdb/ crm_com.nxf

This error msg is not coming from the die() in loadNxfDB(), the text is
different ("netname").
(Without the "\n" ending strings passed to die/warn, you get the file names
and line numbers of errors/warnings)

> Notice the spaces in the file path which I don't know why
> automatically gets inserted whenever I try to pass the file path
> scalar to the subroutine.
>
> Just to verify if I am not doing anything wrong, I tried to open the
> same file in the same fashion in a very small program which I am
> writing below and it worked.
>
> use strict;
> use FileHandle;
>
> my $topCell="crm_com";
> my $ret=&test ("/tmp/$topCell/LVS/svdb/$topCell.nxf");
> sub test {
>  my $FH=new FileHandle;
>  open ($FH,$_[0]) or die "Error: Cannot open file, $_[0]\n";
>  print $FH->getline;
>  close ($FH);
>  return 0;
> }
>
> Can someone help me debug this issue .....its kinda urgent for me.

Non unlikely that the error is caused by code you have not posted.

joe