Ohh I am extremely sorry ... When I was trying to write the code
exceprt I forgot to add some lines but showed the log generated from
complete code.

> > sub loadNxfDB {
> >    print "$_[0]";
> >    my $nxfDBFH=new FileHandle;
> >    open ($nxfDBFH,$_[0]) or die "Error: Cannot open netname cross-reference
> > database, $_[0]\n";
> >     return %nxfDB
> > }
> >
> > sub updateNetPairsDB {
> >     my %nxfDB=&loadnxfDB ("/tmp/$topCellName/LVS/svdb/$topCellName.nxf");
> > }
> >
> > sub main {
> >   &updateNetPairsDB ();
> > }
> >
> > &main ();

> > Package Installation directory
> > $BFE_INST_DIR=/mot/madhurk/meth1/dft/bridges/defect_bfault
>
> > Prepairing environment ...
> > Creating necessary directory structure ...
> > /tmp /crm_com/LVS /svdb/ crm_com.nxf

> Where is this coming from? The spaces in the path are here too.

Please see the loadNxfDB routine above. In the very beginning I am
printing the argument that has been passed to the function.  I did
that for checking what's happening.

> > Error: Cannot open netname cross-reference database, /tmp /crm_com/LVS
> > /svdb/ crm_com.nxf
>
> This error msg is not coming from the die() in loadNxfDB(), the text is
> different ("netname").
> (Without the "\n" ending strings passed to die/warn, you get the file names
> and line numbers of errors/warnings)

Thats not an error reported by perl, that string is generated by the
program itself to specify that there is some problem with the file
path specified. Consider that as a typo when I was writing the exceprt
of my code in the email.

--
Regards
Madhur Kashyap