Jason Balicki wrote:
> Wagner, David --- Senior Programmer Analyst --- WGO
> <mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
>>      The above seems to be what you stated you wanted.  I did nothing
>> else in processing. I am running on AS Perl 5.8.3 build 809
>
> Thanks, any guesses as to what's wrong with my outer
> loop?
>
> --J(K)

Since you are using strict and warnings, I am unsure. For me I would change
your code from:

foreach my $argnum (0 .. $#ARGV){
        my $inputfile = $ARGV[$argnum];

 while ( defined $ARGV[0] ) {
        my $inputfile = $ARGV[0];
          shift(@ARGV);

are the files you are processing from the same environment or a different one?
If different, then it might be invalid translation of end of line? Otherwise it
sounds like you are doing the processing, so you are reading the files and if
this is true, then sounds like not what your perl is expecting for end of line.

Wags ;)

This message contains information that is confidential
and proprietary to FedEx Freight or its affiliates.
It is intended only for the recipient named and for
the express purpose(s) described therein.
Any other use is prohibited.