A question about Win32::OLE. Really need you help!!!

There is a standalone executable written in C/C++.
What I am going to do is to write a perl script to call several
functions available in this executable.

>From the following article, I thought the job is very easy.
        #10 - Win32::OLE by Jan Dubois
        The Perl Journal #10 - Win32::OLE by Jan Dubois
Just considering the executable as an OLE server, and the PERL script
as an OLE controller should be OK.

When I call the functions, most of them work well, for example:

        my $app = Win32::OLE->new('AAA.BBB', 'Quit');

        # call the function:
        #       BOOL GetPathname(BSTR* Pathname)

        my $Pathname = Variant(VT_BSTR|VT_BYREF, '');
        my $ret = $app->GetPathname($Pathname);

But, for the following function, I don't know that I should pass to
this funtion.
Array reference or something else?

        # BOOL GetValues(BSTR* names, double* values, short number_of_names);

        # (input)
        #       names: a list of names
        #       number_of_names: size of the array
        # (output)
        #       values: a list of corresponding values,

I tried to pass array references to it, and something else, like the following,
both failed with an error: Type Mismatch...

        my $names = Variant(VT_BSTR|VT_ARRAY, 3);
        my $values = Variant(VT_R8|VT_ARRAY, 3);

        $names->Put( ['name1', 'name2', 'name3'] );
        $values->Put( [0, 0, 0] )

        my $ret = GetValues($names, $values, 3);

Do you guys have and idea about that?
What shold I pass to this function?
Is there any other way to do the same thing?

Any comments are appreciated.

BTW:
I know that if the OLE controller is in C language, things will be easier,
Pass the first element of the array to this function should be OK.