>  Hi All
>
> Prob: I want to convert all the elememts of an array to ascalor variable that
>  I can use latter on in my code
> e.g.
>
> my @array=qw/balli johney bobby/;
> now here i need 3 different variable with the above values i.e.

> my $name1=balli ;
> my $name2=johney ;
> my $name3=bobby ;

No.  You need very much *NOT* to do that, since you already have it
built-in to Perl:

$array[0] = 'balli';
$array[1] = 'johney';
$array[2] = 'bobby';

Problem solved.

ANY time you see in your code something of the form

$foo1, $foo2, $foo3 ....

you should be using an array.

        Lawrence Statton - [EMAIL PROTECTED] s/aba/c/g
Computer  software  consists of  only  two  components: ones  and
zeros, in roughly equal proportions.   All that is required is to
sort them into the correct order.