The following code works with perl/MySQL. If I comment the second line,
however, it does not work. No error messages and no results.

If I use the MySQL Enterprise console and type in my first SELECT statement
that includes the LIKE clause, it works.

I'm stumped. There must be something strange with that "%", but I cannot
figure it out.
Anyone got any suggestions?

Siegfried

my $sJobTitle = q[SELECT sName FROM keywords ORDER BY sName WHERE sName LIKE
'%'];
  $sJobTitle = q[SELECT sName FROM keywords ORDER BY sName];

  my $sth = DBH->prepare($sJobTitle);
  $sth->execute();
  my $row;
  while ($row = $sth->fetch){