Hello
I would appreciate it if you would steer me to one or more of those groups you mentioned that offer pre-packaged version of Apache with Perl, MySQL and PHP for windows.... Can these packages run on the same machine that I have windows running? Do I access these packages from Windows or do i have to dedicate a windows machine just for Apache functionality? Thanks
Tony

You can run CGI scripts on your local computer IF you have a web server, but that's not necessarily a problem. Most versions of Unix will already include some version of the Apache web server, and there are many groups offering pre-packaged versions of Apache along with Perl, MySQL, and PHP for Windows. Once you have Apache installed, there's not much overhead to running things this way -- you just interact with things through a web browser on your computer using <http://localhost/myscript.pl> etc.