----- Original Message ----- Sent: Friday, October 14, 2005 12:24 PM

If you want the complete module to copy/study/etc., let me know and I will
send it to you off-list.

Aloha => Beau;
[EMAIL PROTECTED]
2005-10-14

Please  send it to me also.

I am trying to use a function from a dll. It has a single entry point.

the C prototype :   char * foo( char * string);

I have tried to use Win32::API::Prototype but to no avail.

I have googled to find examples on how to use Win32:API with functions that return a pointer to a string. All examples were for functions that return void, int, long etc. but no pointer.

Hopefully I might use XS to accomplish what I want..it will be a learning curve since I have yet to use XS.

Thanks