Do I
> need to install active perl? What are the steps to running perl on a
PC?

> Thanks,
> Andrew
>

> --
> Well this is how I do it...
>
> Install ActivePerl
>
> http://www.activestate.com/Products/ActivePerl/
>
> I use PerlEdit for the editor...

If you're used to 'vi' on *NIX, download gvim for Windows (v. 6.4 just
came out).  It provides pretty much all the features available in vim
for UNIX.

NOTE:  I'm not trying to start an editor-of-choice war on the list, just
trying to help in transitioning from *NIX to Windows.

ry

Which work just fine, however after the
> 30
> day trial you will lose the ability to debug and run your scripts from
the
> editor. I would recommend running/debugging them from the command
prompt
> anyway, so no big deal.
>
> http://www.indigostar.com/perledit.html
>
> Let me know if you have any questions.
>
> BTW:  your probably familiar w/ cpan> to install your modules.  To do
this
> w/ ActivePerl, just open a command prompt and type "ppm".  Perl
Package