Trying to use Mail::Mailer, in the sample code below.

i) if I put -T on the first line invoking Perl, I get
an error like "too late for -T option"
?????

ii) The program runs but the mail never arrives. The
eval block checks always succeed.  Where is the mail
going?

-matthew sacks

#!/usr/bin/perl

use warnings;
use strict;

use Mail::Mailer qw(sendmail);

my $mailer = new Mail::Mailer ('sendmail');

my %headers = (To => '[EMAIL PROTECTED]',
               From => '[EMAIL PROTECTED]',
               Subject => 'mail test');
eval {
$mailer->open(\%headers);
};
if ($@) {
   print "the open failed: [EMAIL PROTECTED]";
}
eval {
print $mailer "This is the third test message.";
};
if ($@) {
   print "the print failed: [EMAIL PROTECTED]";
}

$mailer->close;