On Dec 8, 2005, at 11:44, Xavier Noria wrote:

On Dec 8, 2005, at 9:37, Jennifer Garner wrote:

hi,lists,

I have a file which is so large,which looking as:

61.156.49.18:28360
61.183.148.130:27433
222.90.207.251:25700
202.117.64.161:25054
218.58.59.73:24866
221.233.24.9:22507
222.187.124.4:21016

and more than 45000000 lines.

Is the time spent on the file process or on printing to the console? If on the file process, would it be possible to put the file somewhere for download so we can benchmark alternatives against real data? If on printing try redirecting to a file with ">" for instance.

There's a RESULT filehandle in the print call I missed. Forget that remark on printing then.

-- fxn