-----Original Message-----
From: Brian Volk
Sent: Tuesday, December 13, 2005 8:10 AM
To: 'Brian Franco'
Subject: RE: sort files by creation time

-----Original Message-----
From: Brian Franco [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]
Sent: Monday, December 12, 2005 7:34 PM
To: Brian Volk

 This will load @ARGV with the files in the current directory sorted
 oldest -> newest:

   @ARGV = map $_->[0],
     sort { $b->[1] <=> $a->[1] }
     map [ $_, -M ],
     grep -f,                 # get only plain files
     <*>;

 How it works is left as an exercise for the reader :-)

 Thank you!  And I think I just bought the book that explains the above!
 Alpaca! Soon to find out!

 Thanks again.

 Brian Volk

Brian,
whats the name of the book?

-Brian

The book is called Learning Perl Objects References and Modules.  It is the
follow up to Learning Perl.  Learning Perl is also known as the Llama and
the follow up is known as the Alpaca.  Randal L. Schwartz wrote both books
and the part I was referring to is actually named after him.  Schwartzian
transform.  You can read about it here:
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Schwartzian_transform

Hope this helps.

Brian Volk