Dear list

It's very strange:

My apache doesn't start with

[error] Can't locate SMF/Config.pm in @INC (@INC contains: /opt/smf/lib [...])
at /opt/smf/apconf/backend/httpd_startup_smf.pl line 228.

But why? The file is there:

# ls /opt/smf/lib/SMF/Config.pm
/opt/smf/lib/SMF/Config.pm

and the path is obviously in @INC.

The error appears after replacing      use lib '/opt/smf/lib';
in the httpd_startup.pl with      PERL5LIB="/opt/smf/lib"
in the init.d script. Before, everything went well, and I changed nothing
else.

I checked permissions, copied&pasted around to avoid typos, tried to find
someting with strace, etc., but to no avail.

Could anybody please give me a hint what could be the reason? It must be
something very stupid, but I can't see it.

Thanks a lot!

Hans