- "\(" instead of "[(]": more readable

not according to "best practices

- no /m modifier       : unnecessary without ^/$-anchors

Still a good habit to get into according to 'best practices' (and to get used to what it does to \A \z and ^ $

- /s                   : may be appropriate for your html source text

It only really affects making it easier to read by including spaces, any spaces to match would need put in your regex. So its appropraite for any regex that space will make clearer to understand and maintain :)

Sorry, I'm a huge fan of "Best Practices" I call it "the book that got me my free mini convertable and got me a substantial promotion".

but do what you like :) its all good as long as its Perl :) (Oi here come the flames ;p)