Hi Anthony, good idea about overriding the table names. I had a feeling there would be a conf file somewhere. As I am outputting the results of the SELECT to an HTML::Template I am already using a Conf file which is another class. This leads me on to another question. If I instantiate my class and create a Conf object within $log->view then the Conf file won't be loaded till this method is invoked. I want to have all the Conf details available at the same time, I don't want to instantiate the Conf class several times and hold several copies of the Conf in memory when only one is required. So how or where should I instantiate it?

Cheers,

G :)

From: "Anthony Ettinger" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
To: "Graeme McLaren" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
CC: beginners@perl.org
Subject: Re: OO Perl question
Date: Thu, 8 Jun 2006 00:50:07 -0700
Received: pass (x1.develooper.com: domain of [EMAIL PROTECTED] designates 64.233.184.235 as permitted sender) Received: from wr-out-0506.google.com (HELO wr-out-0506.google.com) (64.233.184.235) by la.mx.develooper.com (qpsmtpd/0.28) with ESMTP; Thu, 08 Jun 2006 00:50:15 -0700 Received: by wr-out-0506.google.com with SMTP id i24so350408wra for <beginners@perl.org>; Thu, 08 Jun 2006 00:50:07 -0700 (PDT) Received: by 10.85.2.9 with SMTP id e9mr1043594aui; Thu, 08 Jun 2006 00:50:07 -0700 (PDT)
DomainKey-Signature: a=rsa-sha1; q=dns; c=nofws; s=beta; d=gmail.com; h=received:message-id:date:from:sender:to:subject:cc:in-reply-to:mime-version:content-type:content-transfer-encoding:content-disposition:references:x-google-sender-auth; b=MWpGrVpwc5GSsI/9QwtAXq29UU6v9M/50xwMNviV4k/doYyXT+zT5tJLPgmP6oAPZipEEyHZjjeRrTsRnULP2Vd1zGUb7fIG8mhvVu6fvZqgDb/TTWKjPbG/u61Z566xW5C4j1kzLrf2ghHEJs2IVm8kXf2bf5x/b/mGFixB+ZE=