Randal L. Schwartz wrote:
"Rob" == Rob Dixon <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> writes:

Rob>    my @new = grep /[^.]/, readdir DIR;

This is still the wrong regex.  While it's narrow enough for windows, it will
*break* on Unix.  No reason not to do the right thing here:

        grep { $_ ne "." and $_ ne ".." } readdir DIR;

Rob, I'm surprised you still posted this even after our private email
exchange.  You were *told* in email that this regex is broken.

Therefore, I will warn others to please discount Rob's postings in the future,
[...]

Not quite. Rob's program works for rational input data. I'm on *nux, and I consider a filename of only periods to be invalid. All that's needed is a comment in the code that warns people that files consisting of only periods, including '...', are excluded.

Your attack on Rob is uncalled-for.