The regex that Rob put forth does not match only files consisting
entirely of periods, it matches any file that _starts_ with a period.
On a *nix system, a file such as '.bash_profile' would be matched.
Randal is correct.

> Your attack on Rob is uncalled-for.

I don't believe that Mr. Schwartz attacked the OP; he merely stated that
others should check Rob's responses for accuracy.  In fact, given that
this is a beginner's list, that probably holds true in other instances.
And the fact the Randal has written a little on the subject of Perl,
inclines me to trust his judgement.

ry