Ryan Dillinger wrote:
> Hello,
> I had two scripts that were identical, well almost. I ran the two
> together, but
> straghtened them out. Anyway I have one here, that when ran say's: Use
> of uninitialized
> value in pattern match (m//) at headline.pl line 7 and 10. I have
> changed differernt things
> within, nothing worked. It is back to it's original state now. Can
> someone point out
> the problem I have with this script please? Thanks For your help!
>
> #!/usr/bin/perl
> use warnings;
> use strict;
>
> open LYNX, "lynx -source http://www.perl.com/ |" or die "Can't open
> lynx: $!";
> $_ = "";
> $_ = <LYNX> until /standard\.def/;
>
> my $head = <LYNX>;
> $head =~ m|^<A HERF=[^>]+>(.*?)</a>|i;

HERF? How about HREF?

You would be better off downloading an HTML parser from CPAN like
HTML::TreeBuilder See <http://search.cpan.org/>

--
__END__

Just my 0.00000002 million dollars worth,
   --- Shawn

"For the things we have to learn before we can do them, we learn by
doing them."
  Aristotle

* A searchable perldoc is at http://perldoc.perl.org/