Hi:
Sorry to start this thread again, but it would not have been wise to ask my
related question in a different thread.
I tried to run the program on a windows machine, apparently the regex in
question only lists directories within directories and not the files within
the directories.
I tried Rob's regex as well as Randal's.
In addition how can I modify the code, so that the buildlist.txt only lists
the files within the directories and not the directories?

TIA!

use warnings;

 my $path = $ARGV[0];

 opendir DIR, $path or die "Can't open $path: $!";

 my @new = grep /[^.]/, readdir DIR;  #tried this
 #my @new = grep { $_ ne "." and $_ ne ".." } readdir DIR; #tried this too.
 closedir DIR;

 open FILE,">c:/buildlist.txt";
 print FILE "$_\n" foreach @new; #this only lists directories within
directories and not the files within the directories
 close FILE;

 open(FILE2,">>c:/final.txt");

 foreach my $file (@new) {
   my $record = qq("SL/$file" "%ORACLE_HOME%/server/bin/$file" "$file"
NA\n);
   print $record;
   print FILE2 $record;
 }