> And please don't snip attributions.
Firstly, to make sure I'm exercising proper etiquette
here, could you please explain what I snipped so that
I don't do that in the future?

I finally got this working.  I'd been leaving out one
of the items in my hash dereference string.  Once I
put that item in place, I started seeing output.

Thanks for all your assistance.

--- "Mumia W." <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
wrote:

> On 07/25/2006 03:36 PM, BW wrote:
> > Mumia W. wrote:
> >> Did you enable ForceArray?
> >>
> >> Did you use Data::Dumper to look at the structure
> of
> >> what XML::Simple returned?
> >
> > Yes to both.  I've attached the Dumper output.
> > (outp.txt).  Given the attached xml file, and your
> > first snippet/example, I tried to do something
> very
> > simple:  print out my dataschema name:
> >
> > foreach $d (@{$data->{dataschemas}}) {
>
> Why {dataschemas} when the data is in {dataschema}
> (no "s")?
>
> >   print "Dataschema: $d->{name}\n";
> > }
> >
> > It won't print.  I won't include all the variants
> on
> > the $d->{name} line I've tried, but all the
> results
> > are the same:  nothing outputs.
> >
> > [...]
> > $VAR1 = {
> >           'dataschema' => {
> > [...]
>
> This was the purpose of using Data::Dumper--to show
> that all
> of the data is under {dataschema}. People use
> Data::Dumper to
> find out what the structure of their data is, and
> then write a
> program to deal with that structure.
>
> Also, please enable strictures and warnings for your
> program
> by placing these lines at the top:
>
> use strict;
> use warnings;
>
> Then modify your program to run under these
> conditions (a lot
> of work, but it pays off in bug prevention.)
>
>  From the XML::Simple doc, did you read this?
> >  �   check out "ForceArray" because you'll
almost