"Mathew Snyder" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote in message
news:[EMAIL PROTECTED]
> <snip>
>
>> The most popular web browser found in cell phones is made by openwave.
>> Personally, I consider the openwave browser the "standard" (If a phone
>> dosen't have an openwave browser, it is not worth supporting). They have
>> an extensive developer resource found at http://developer.openwave.com/.
>> They have free SDKs (if you choose to use them... remember, these are
>> plain ol' web apps), and free simulators (very, very useful).
>
> <snip>
>>
>> Todd W.
>
> This kind of thinking is why there are so many problems rendering pages in
> non-IE browsers on the desktop.
>
> Mathew

Wrong. This kind of thinking is why rendering pages in non-IE browsers on
the desktop works.

On the desktop, if you program your web app to support the specs it will
work in any browser supports the spec. If you program the app to use IE only
features it will not work in any other browser.

In the phone, if you program your web app to support the specs it work in
any browser that supports the spec. If you program the app to use [vendor]