From: Mumia W. [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]

>> Go into sudoers and replace the name of the binary with the name of a
>> script that echoes the real and effective user and group ids.

Thanks Mumia, and thanks to all who responded.

As it turns out, I was able to resolve the problem by replacing
'/bin/cp' with '/bin/mv'. Didn't think of it sooner, unfortunately. I'm
not sure why mv works and cp doesn't, especially since in my testing I
wasn't crossing filesystems. Everything I did was in /tmp.

Still, the problem has been resolved, yay!
Thanks again!!!

richf