I suggest getting gvim on your PC.  gvim can be difficult to learn at first
but is definitely needed when needing to replace some snippet of code in
multiple locations.

While notepad does allow you to do this, you can't enter pattern matching
expressions to replace on a command line with notepad.  gvim allows you to
do this and i have found it to be very convenient.  if neither of these
float your boat, maybe you could try emacs.