From: [EMAIL PROTECTED] [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED] On Behalf Of
Tom Phoenix
Sent: Tuesday, January 23, 2007 11:51
To: Wagner, David --- Senior Programmer Analyst --- WGO
Cc: Beginner Perl
Subject: Re: Trying to read two files using a sub to get the data, but
2nd read on the 2nd file goes to EOF

On 1/23/07, Wagner, David --- Senior Programmer Analyst --- WGO
<[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

>     $MyData =~ s/[[:cntrl:]]/ /g if ( $MyData =~ /[[:cntrl:]]/ );

Why the if clause?

I'm not sure I understand your difficulty. But it sounds as if you're
not using seek() (or something similar) to get back to the correct
data position in your file, when you call your subroutine the second
time. If that's not it, can you identify which line of code isn't
doing what you think it should?

Hope this helps!

--Tom Phoenix
Stonehenge Perl Training