Nath, Alok (STSD) am Dienstag, 3. April 2007 07:03:
> Hi,
> Before starting my problem I just want to thank all the active
> members
> who had literally mentored me in learning perl.
>
> I have bunch of this bash scripts which has lot of functions.
> I wanted to call and use them in a perl script.I am not sure how
> to do this.I did a cpan search but did not find anything
> helpful.
>
> Any idea how to do this ?

Hello Alok

There are several possibilities (you'll find a lot of examples searching the
list archive) - which one is appropriate depends on how complex the
interaction with the external scripts should be:

perldoc -q command # some faqs

perldoc -f qx      # refers to longer doc
perldoc -f system
perldoc IPC::Run2
perldoc IPC::Run3
perldoc -f open    # for pipes

# and eventually:
perldoc perlipc    # bidirectional communication etc.
perldoc -f exec
perldoc -f fork

I'm sure there are others, including howtos.

Dani