On 4/6/07, yitzle <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

I distrust modules?
Dunno. I'm a fan of C programming and like doing stuff myself.

I distrust the dairy industry. I've got a yard full of grass for cows
to eat, and I've seen what milking a cow looks like on Animal Planet.
I can figure out how to pasteurize the milk from a page on Wikipedia.
I like doing stuff myself. I'll buy a cow on Craigslist and next week
I'll have milkshakes. Delicious, creamy milkshakes.

We've heard your arguments before. Our response is the same: If you
want reliable code, use a module. If you prefer an educational
experience, REwrite the module. If you want a quick-and-dirty program,
and you don't care about building your skills as a Perl programmer
because you prefer to fiddle with the intricacies of HTML, well, then,
do it all without a module, and have fun doing it. But don't complain
about it next week when you discover some special case that you didn't
take care of.

Enjoy your milkshake!

--Tom Phoenix
Stonehenge Perl Training