On 4/20/07, John W. Krahn <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
snip
I see nothing about backwards compatibility in there?  ;-)
snip

Nope, I could not find any proof.  I did find a merlyn quote on
perlmonks that states for and foreach have always been aliased, but
that is not how I remember it.  But who am I to argue with Randal?

snip
> my $continue = 1;
> $SIG{__TERM__} = sub { $continue = 0 };
> while ($continue} {
> }

my $continue = 1;
$SIG{ __TERM__ } = sub { $continue = 0 };
for ( ;$continue; } {
}
snip

Yes, it can be done, but which looks better?