On May 28, 3:22 pm, [EMAIL PROTECTED] (Brian) wrote:
> my variable names end with A for array and H for hash,

Pointless.  Variable names in Perl identify what kind of variable they
are.  @ for arrays, % for hashes.  [ ] for accessing an element of a
hash, { } for accessing element of a hash.

> yes, I have read all of those perl doc pages. You perl folks like to
> refer to whose pages a lot Paul, but in many cases they are not very
> well written as manuals [this is provably true]

I heartily disagree, but if you think there's something that's not
clear, either use the built-in `perlbug` utility, mention it to the
perl5-porters list, or start a discussion about it on
comp.lang.perl.misc.  That's the point of the language being open-
source, after all.  Far more people are going to see those documents
than will ever see your post to beginners@perl.org, so if you're aim
is really to help out new Perl programmers, improving the
documentation is the best approach.

Paul Lalli