On Jun 14, 10:22 pm, [EMAIL PROTECTED] (Mathew Snyder) wrote:
> I fixed all of the bugs save one.  I can't access any of my subroutines
> without
> explicitly using it with dates_emails::subroutine.  I was under the impression
> that if I was exporting them all from the module, the subroutine would be
> found
> regardless.
>
> package dates_emails;
> require Exporter;
> use strict;
>
> our @ISA         = qw(Exporter);
> our @EXPORT      = qw(startDate, endDate, searchStart, searchEnd);
> our @EXPORT_OK   = qw($emailTo, $emailFrom, $emailBcc);
> our %EXPORT_TAGS = {
>                 dates  => [qw(startDate, endDate, searchStart, searchEnd)],
>                 emails => [qw($emailTo, $emailFrom, $emailBcc)],
>                 };
> our $VERSION     = '1';
>
> It doesn't even work with 'use dates_emails("dates");'.  I get an error that
> dates is not an exported subroutine.  I don't understand what I'm not doing
> right as I've got the %EXPORT_TAGS hash set up, I've got the @EXPORTS array
> set
> up.  I've got this in my opening block:
> use lib '/usr/local/bin/lib/';
> use dates_emails;

> use strict;

add:

use warnings;

Possible attempt to separate words with commas at dates_emails.pm line
6.
Possible attempt to separate words with commas at dates_emails.pm line
7.
Possible attempt to separate words with commas at dates_emails.pm line
9.
Possible attempt to separate words with commas at dates_emails.pm line
10.
Reference found where even-sized list expected at dates_emails.pm line
8.

That may not be your whole problem, but it might get you a little
farther.

--
Brad