On 6/22/07, Chas Owens <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
On 6/22/07, Chas Owens <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
snip
> Why do you uninstall a module in the first place?  This is something I
> have never understood.  I have tons of modules installed and the
> everything in @INC (baring the current directory) takes up less than
> 50 megs, so it can't be space issues.
snip

I need more caffeine.  That should have been
    Why do you want to uninstall a module in the first place?
and
    (barring the current directory)
I am not even sure how to bare a directory, but it sounds nasty.

Just because I was curious* about exactly how much space was eaten up
by my Perl modules:

#!/usr/bin/perl

use strict;
use File::Find;

my $size;

find(
       sub { $size += (stat $File::Find::name)[7] },
       grep { $_ ne '.' } @INC #ignore current directory
);

my $k = $size/1024;
my $m = $k/1024;
my $g = $m/1024;
printf "Modules take up %d bytes or %.2f k or %.2f megs %.2f gigs\n",
       $size, $k, $m, $g;

* one-liner: perl -MFile::Find -le
'[EMAIL PROTECTED];find(sub{$s+=(stat)[7]},@INC);print$s'