On Sun, 2007-07-01 at 05:40 -0400, Mathew Snyder wrote:
> I have a script which places data 4 levels deep in a HoHoHoH.  It grabs
> tickets
> in our ticket system using the systems API and places attributes about each
> piece of activity into the hash. The has is called %tickets.  It looks like
>
> $tickets{action_creator}{ticket_customer}{ticket_number}{ticket_subject}.

This just looks wrong...  Looks like you are trying to create a sorted
group of tickets from the original data.

I personally would be using a Database,  loading it in if necessary and
then doing a simple select:

select action_creator, ticket_customer, ticket_number, ticket_subject
from my_table
order by action_creator, ticket_customer, ticket_number, ticket_subject

In fact the whole thing looks like a database application waiting to
happen.