From: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
> I have a perl script that sits and waits for socket connections and I
> want to make this into a windows XP service but Im unsure how to do
> this.
>
> Also, Ive seen that there are some libraries like Win32::Service and
> Win32::Daemon, but the perldocs arent explaining what I need to know.
> Could I use these modules to make my perl script into a service?

Win32::Daemon yes, Win32::Service no. Win32::Service only lets you
control other services, it doesn't help you create a service out of
your scripts.

I think the easiest solution would be to use Win32::Daemon::Simple.
It'll do most of the work for you, have a look at the docs.

Jenda
===== [EMAIL PROTECTED] === http://Jenda.Krynicky.cz =====
        -- Terry Pratchett in Sourcery