Beginning Perl is my choice as well, very basic, just right for a person of humanist background like myself. It' s available online

http://www.perl.org/books/beginning-perl/

hf
petra

[EMAIL PROTECTED] pravi:
On Oct 7, 7:39 am, [EMAIL PROTECTED] (Dyana Wu) wrote:
On 07 Oct 2007, at 8:27 PM, Kaushal Shriyan wrote:

Hi
I do not have any experience in programming at all. How do i start
learning
Perl language. Can some one here point me to the right direction to
learn
Perl Language
http://learn.perl.org

HTH.

dwu

Or you can buy Beginning Perl 2nd Edition from Apress. I think it's a
lil better than the Oreilly book myself.