On 10/29/2007 8:21 PM, Tom Phoenix wrote:
my %newhash = %{$hashref};

You have made a copy of the hash. I do not believe that that is what
the original poster wished, which I think would be a new hash that the
old reference points to. I don't think that what the original poster
wants is even possible, but I can't see any reason to need it, either.

Oops. I knew I was making a new hash (hence the variable name). I read his message (and subject) to imply that all he wanted was dereferencing. My fault.

--

Jeremy Kister
http://jeremy.kister.net./